1. You're currently viewing our read-only forum archives. You can find our new forums here, and an explanation of what's happening here.

Could you love an android adult?

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by PaulaJedi, Apr 7, 2016.

?

Could you love an android?

1. Yes!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No way!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Maybe. It depends on many factors.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Jacin Young

Jacin Young Member

you can buy a Sex robot something like that but not perfect in tech stuff.

2. Enna

Enna Member

I don't know what I would do in that situation. I guess a part of me would feel duped that it wasn't a human & end it but then again, if all were the same after discovery, I don't know if I could discriminate against it & might continue on having those loving feelings for it.

There are so many things out there now that are very realistic to humans from an eyes view, silicone doll forms.. With fine tuning, there will probably be a day when we won't even be able to detect non humans who walk among us. ( I just caught a clip of the show "Humans" & that should be interesting, haven't watched an episode yet.)

Here is something else to ponder,

Would you be willing to download your consciousness into a non-biological or nanotech body that would also be identical to your physical attributes? All your memories, likes, dislikes, beliefs. Basically preserving a part of you in a way to live on when you die. ( It would also include future consciousness software.) Imagine being able to talk with your great grandmother in real time & not just see her in regular photos. What am amazing thing future generations can explore. It's akin to "Bina48" BINA48 - Wikipedia & on the " Life naut" site, you can store your mind file/bio file there.

I would be open to it...If I recall right, some like Elon Musk are confusing with his views on this topic... Most recent input of his Elon Musk Sees Brain-Computer Systems in Humans' Future & a few older input of his wasn't so keen on it. I mention him because he has a lot connected to futuristic ventures.

3. PaulaJedi

PaulaJedi Well-Known Member

Sex isn't love, though.

4. creedo299

creedo299 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that nature adds just a little introductory class love in sex, so that one partner doesn't do something rude such as bit the face of the one that they're loving.I know that when the animal the Tasmanian Devil mates, that it's bites the Hell out of the other mate.I know that a stallion with bite the back of the neck of the mare it's mating with, but people by and large, should not bite the other person that they're having sex with.

This is both sloppy as well as being painful and if it was a robot, one partner might hurt the other, or even kill them.If your were the robot, you would not want to wear duct tape on your head all day to conceal of human bite mark, or if you were human you would not desire to have the robot do something unnatural to you.

If feel that considerably away in time, that robots with attain a more sophisticated development, standing.This means better consideration, for humans as well as the same being expect from a human.